Wednesday, October 28, 2009

domestic days

Being a stay home mom has its perks. Instead of spending my days working or trying to get a million things done on my days off I actually have time to do totally relaxing and unneccesary  things at times (not a lot but sometimes ). Having a husband who pretty much does everything helps. Ellie and I had a great  day a while ago being domestic queens. We got to sleep in while Robert took Scarlett on their  weekly coffee date to Starbucks (he was so excited to use his man diaper bag that he bought just for occasions like this). Ellie and I watched cartoons, made blueberry muffins for breakfast, pulled the sewing machine out and made her 1950's car hop costume for Halloween (pictures coming soon) and then topped the day off by making Halloween sugar cookies shaped like headstones which we personalized with the names of family members to give to them later that night. We never even got out of our pajamas of course. It was a pretty fun day and even though I miss work sometimes it is nice to have the option of being home or working just one day a week which I am going to start doing next month. It feels like the best of both worlds and I love it so far.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were going to go back to work... what a great set-up. Once a week sounds perfect! Sometimes I wonder if I should go back to work, just so I can have the best of both worlds too, but if I had to choose, being a stay-at-home mama is the obvious choice. Nothing beats it, eh? Who else gets to bake sugar cookies in their pj's all day and call it a day's work? :)

    ReplyDelete