Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Best Daughter and Big Sister



My 8 year old daughter is the best. She is kind, helpful, sweet, funny and a great friend to me and her sister. Ellie is like another mom to Scarlett especially when I need a break or a few extra hours of sleep. Ellie comes to my room every Saturday morning and takes Scarlett upstairs to watch cartoons with her until I get up. I don't even worry when she tends because of how great she is with her little sis. I was sort of bummed about an 8 year age gap but now I love it.

Lets also talk about her amazing athleticism which unfortunately didn't come from me. Ellie rocks every sport she tries and is so much stronger and coordinated than I ever was. Her latest addiction is basketball. She was hesitant at first but after the first game she was hooked. It is hard to score points with a 10 foot basket but she did last night. Gymnastics has moved to the back burner for now and soccer is just around the corner. I am very proud of my girl.

2 comments:

  1. Ellie really is an incredible girl. I've known that since I first met her at age 2 :) Her little brain amazes me every time we talk!

    I want to borrow her for long stretches of time so she can come hang out with Jonah in the mornings here in NYC... what do you think??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With another baby on the way Ellie would come in handy that is for sure. I am sure she would be down with hanging at your house anytime

    ReplyDelete