As you can see we had a great Halloween. Ellie was the only Statue of Liberty in her elementary school and Mame loved her costume. She wore it all day and was the hit of Ellie's class party. The weather was dry and not to cold for a change until early evening when it started pouring rain but to our luck it stopped from 7 to 9 and we went for it. After hitting up a few neighbors, Robert and Scarlett stayed home to do door duty and Ellie and I went over to the upscale neighborhood where most of her friends including Sara pictured above in her sailor costume (her dad is the one who recently died)live as well as some of my classmates from high school. Yuck! I shouldn't complain though because the candy was great, the houses where decked out and a million kids and parents were running around. It was almost like a big block party. Pretty fun and entertaining. By the way did I mention that Ellie got glasses. Fortunately she only really needs them at school because now that the novelty wore off she isn't loving wearing them. All in all it was a good day even though a bit hectic. Maybe I'll take a year off from being in charge of Ellie's class Halloween party.
No comments:
Post a Comment