Friday, September 3, 2010

Scarlett's 1st birthday








We celebrated Scarlett's 1st birthday tonight and as you can see her red velvet snail cake (not my best) was a hit at least with her. It was a small family affair mostly because we have hardly any family living close by which is starting to get annoying by the way. Thank goodness for Stefan and Teresa. Little Mame is still little (15 1/2 lbs.) but is finally crawling around and trying to stand up. I fear she won't be able to get a new forward facing car seat for awhile which is going to really tick her off but we'll ask Dr. Baar next week. She loves every fruit imaginable and tries to pull the strawberries off the shelf at the grocery store. The only indicator that she is mine... her love of strawberries. She is a big fan of cheese as well and edamame with a little toast and couscous thrown in. She has brought so much joy to our lives and puts huge smiles on our faces a million times a day. She adores her big sister but who wouldn't when she is as awesome as Ellie. I can't believe she has been in our lives for a year. It still brings me to tears at times. Even tonight as I was trying to find a blank video tape to film the party I came across the video of her in the hospital the day she was born and started bawling. HAPPY BIRTHDAY my sweet baby Mame!



2 comments:

  1. She is such a little pixie! Her birthday celebration looked adorable with all the details just right (of course... you are her mom!)

    I wish we were close too- I hear ya about the family proximity thing. We are thinking of that sweet little one year old baby girl!

    P.S. Lucie is already 12 lbs! HAAA! It kills me how little Scarlett is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hol, we definitely miss the family at all birthdays, all games, plays, etc. Hurry and move here!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is so darling and you are so blessed to have her!! I love your girls and love the photos!! can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete