We finally did it, well mostly I did it. Robert would have caved if I had let him but we got little Miss Mame to sleep in her crib and without nighttime feedings except here and there but no more than once between 7p.m. and 7a.m. The crying sucked but we turned the monitor down and the t.v. up and after 6 days SUCCESS. Not how I thought we would be spending spring break but I feel liberated and like a new person. It is amazing what 7-8 hours of sleep can do for you and a less crowded bed. We even left her with a baby sitter last night after putting her to bed and she never even saw the sitters face because she slept the whole time. I hope it lasts because it is nice for the rest of us to have some time together without baby on one of our laps. I will admit I miss her in the bed a little, Robert misses her a lot but we feel like adults with good parenting skills so YEAH for us.
Easter started off Ellie's spring break and it was my mellowest Easter yet. Ellie was with her Dad so for the first time ever I didn't dye or hide any easter eggs. We did do a few fun things for spring break (even though it was freezing cold most of the week) like miniature golf. Ellie thought it was great when they handed Robert his golf ball and it was black, how did they know it was his favorite color? Speaking of black, Robert is thrilled he and Scarlett have matching black t-shirts from his favorite bike shop in Austin. Mine doesn't quite fit over the nursing boobs but I am not complaining. Now instead of praying for sleep I just pray for warm weather and a move in my near future.
Congrats on the sleep training! That's a huge accomplishment. You've got a really nice mellow little baby on your hands... I'm sure you're in the clear.
ReplyDeleteSOOOO great to see you guys and to finally meet baby Scarlett in person. Jonah still gets a squeaky high voice when he talks about her. We were all so charmed with that little girl!
Miss you guys- keep us updated on your move/Austin etc.
Really, really, REALLY does she look that much like her daddy???!!! That picture by her stunned me into silence. I can NOT believe it! I love her! Well, I love both your girls, but I had no idea what a twin you had!
ReplyDeletep.s. Good job on the night sleep. Did that with Noah...not easy but oohhhhh sooo worth it.